Sunday, September 29, 2013

More from Carol's workshop. . .

Two weeks- of being extremely busy at work, and little time to play in the studio.  I don't think that will change until after my son Ian's wedding in mid-October, and an audit at work is done the first week in November.  Thank goodness I have a wet studio I can play in year round.

I did mention that I'd come home with more goodies than I've posted from Carol's workshop.  One of my classmates, Lynn Dell, used to be a professional tie dyer, and she taught some of us some tricks after class was over.  What fun!  This shirt started with a boy's extra large tee- after I got home, I cut down the crew neck and shaped the sides.  I love how this turned out!


The other tie dye I brought to class as one of my dogs.  I wish I had a picture of this fabric as it originally looked.  It was spiral dyed, which was fine.  The problem was with the colors- blue and pink.  Yuck.

Lynn Dell re-spiraled it (I learned a lot just watching her!), and we overdyed it in boysenberry and yellow, then sprayed one side with navy blue.  I absolutely love this piece now!! 


I also took a couple of black tees to play with.  This one is discharged using Decolourant Spray, with washers and other hardware providing the resist.  (Ignore the goofy face above the tee, please!)



I still have lots more photos from the class, but haven't had much time to edit them.  Hopefully not too much longer. . .

10 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

All great but the last tee is super!

What Comes Next? said...

I agree! Really like your decolorant tee!

Libby Fife said...

You look great! I like the first one best:)

Vicki W said...

Oh what fun!

Judy said...

geWOW....love those tie dyes!

xxoo

Judy said...

well as I was trying to type the comment moderation thingy, I added a 'ge' to my comment....weird!

xxoo

now I get to attempt another round of those crazy letters and numbers!

Vicki Miller said...

I love your re-done fabric, sounds like a great workshop

Renate said...

Sounds like you had loads of fun at that class. Love the black T-shirt, but the first one is amazing!

JB said...

It looks looks the 60's revisited!!

The black shirt is so sophisticated and the colors of the redone spiral are just scrumptious.

Gina said...

Love what you did with your t-shirts and beautiful spiral!