Monday, May 14, 2012

Catching Up

I have not been very present on the blog.  I have not been spending as much time on the computer, because I have actually been spending it in the studio!  I've made good progress on my 'Green' piece for Tangled Textiles.  A good thing, because I have to finish it and get it posted before I leave for Reno on May 26.  Sorry, no pictures until the reveal!

And I still have lots of pictures I took at the Moab car show to post.  So here are some more- when it came to the cars, I was in to front grills and wheels.  I had fun with this!

  I played with this one in Elements- I think it has definite possibilites as an inspiration for a pieced quilt.  Love the green reflection on part of it!

 Wasn't there a poem about wearing red and purple together when you get old?  Maybe that's why I liked this one so much.

 I think this is on a rusty road rat.  Out of the ordinary, for sure!

 This was one classy car- I'd never seen a hood ornament with color before.

 Look at that combination of straight and curved lines!

I swear some of the paint jobs looked three dimensional. 

Look closely, and you can see me and my friend Phyllis in the reflection.  I think I could have fun with this one too!

I am off for the rest of the week, traveling for work.  Then one more week before I take off again for a week of camping in the Sierras with my brother.  I am so looking forward to relaxing, hiking, and picking his knowledge of photography and cameras.  And, I am looking forward to a relaxing train trip there and back- no airport hassles, no having to drive!

4 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

So many inspirational pictures! Love that wheel with a bit of green reflection.

Renate said...

what wonderful photographic inspiration! You certainly have an eye for artistic possibilities.

Libby Fife said...

Love the photos, especially that last one.

Have a good time hiking with your brother. Whereabouts in the Sierras are you going?

Lynda said...

Love the textures in these photos. Wow! What inspiration.