Monday, March 12, 2012

Mental health days. .

are good for the soul, and definitely good for the deadline list!  I can't remember the last time I felt like I got so much done in such a short time.

My Tangled Textiles piece is sandwiched and ready for quilting.  I'm trying something a little different for that, and it involved getting a new gadget for my machine.  I think it will work!  Here's a sneak peek at a corner- the reveal isn't until Sunday.


My eyes are starved for color after winter, and my palette reflects that.  I really had a lot of fun doing this one!

I am participating in a craft fair the women's group at my church is organizing- I will have my hand dyed fabric and scarves.  I bought some cotton and rayon scarves to dye; I already had some silk I hadn't done anything with.  I started dyeing Saturday with some solids, then last night got five dyepots going with some LWI scarves.  I hope they sell, I have the possibility of a sales venue close to home and I'd like to know if the general public would like them before I commit.

On three scarves, I tried a new product- Color Magnet.  You screen it on, and the color is darker there.  Of the three I did, the coral colored one is my favorite.  You really have to be extremely careful to not get extra spots on the fabric, and to make sure it is saturated.



I made a couple of screens to do deconstructed screenprinting with, and did two scarves this afternoon- one rayon and one silk.  I'll let them batch overnight.


After I wash them out, I plan to overdye them.

I also overdyed a bunch of silk scarves that I'd decided were dogs, and had been run through a Thiox bath.  I think they are all salvageable now- the colors at least don't remind me of a baby's diaper.  Most need something else, I'm thinking I'll stencil some motifs with Shiva paintstiks.

The weather has been gorgeous the last couple of days- almost 70 F!!  That is way above normal for March, but I will take it.  I'm sure that, and the time change (I LOVE daylight savings) has helped energize me.  Whatever the cause, I hope it sticks around awhile!!

2 comments:

Renate said...

Oh Beverly these all look so scrumptious. I really like the screen prints in the last picture. I'm also looking forward to seeing what you have come up with for your TT challenge.

Vicki Miller said...

Ah, well Beverly, our weather is going the opposite way and it has been pouring for a week, but I am glad you are feeling creative and the colour scheeme as I said on TT is lovely and vibrant. It will contrast well with mine!