Saturday, December 31, 2011

Adios, 2011!!

Not that I have any particularly bad memories of the year, it's been ok.  I think it will go down in my memory as the Year I Learned to Control the Dyes, thanks to a week with Carol Soderlund.  Worth all the other fabric related classes I've taken, and then some.  I'll be taking Part Two with her in July.

I've work short hours since Christmas, and have been BUSY!  Shannon and I made scrubs to give as gifts:

Pumpkin spice brown sugar scrub (smells yummy!)


Sweet orange salt scrub- another heavenly smell.


All nicely packaged and ready to gift- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub, Sweet Orange Salt Scrub, Lavender Salt Scrub.

We made kolache, a scrumptious, highly caloric cookie I only make at Christmas.  Butter, cream cheese, flour, and apricot filling- that's it.  But they are to die for.

I decided it was time to get the mis-dyed color swatches done for my Dye Bible.  These are the last of the dozen or so I did, ready for the washout.

And I decided it was time to clean up the studio, I have a Tangled Textile piece I need to get started on this week.  And, what better way to usher in the new creative year?  Wow, I can see the floor of my fabric closet!  I managed to get rid of one plastic storage bin that was taking up valuable storage space, and get other stuff better organized.  And yes, I threw out stuff too!!

Woohoo, Utah just pulled off a win in overtime against Georgia Tech!!  (Sorry, Judy!!)  What a game- BYU won their bowl game yesterday, which meant I really wanted Utah to win theirs.  College football and New Year's- what better combination!

I'm wishing everyone a happy and prosperous New Year, with blessings and creativity.  That's my prayer for the year!

5 comments:

Renate said...

Oh those cookies sound so yummy! And the rubs...wow! I'm looking forward to 2012 and all it will bring. May your muse stay in constant contact with you.

Gina said...

Those rubs sound wonderful, what a great gift idea! I was doing some dyeing this weekend too but the very serendipitous method. For 2012 I hope to do a few recorded, accurate samples. Wishing you a wonderful, creative 2012!

Vicki Miller said...

Those scrubs sound lovely. I bet they smell great, spices and lavender and orange. and your cookies look too yummy. I am like Gina, I dye by the serendipity method (only because I'm too lazy!

JB said...

I don't think you ever sleep. What a wonderful burst of cooking and sewing!! It sounds like your holiday with family and friends was especially memorable. I do hope you will show us more of your scrappy blocks.

Kay said...

The scrubs sound like a wonderful gift idea. I'll try to remember that for next year.

Backatyou withthenewyearwishes, Beverly.