Sunday, August 14, 2011

Happy Birthday,Bentlee

Today we celebrated Bentlee's eleventh birthday with family and friends.  We enjoyed burgers, corn, and potato salad- quinessential American summer food.  And I delivered on the cupcakes!


I think I've made progress from the first sorry batch I made a couple of weeks ago!  A little more practice with the pastry bag and tips--
The chocolate ones were my first experience with ganache- the best frosting I've ever had.  But then, what could be wrong with cream and bittersweet chocolate?  I also piped some raspberry cream into the middle of the chocolate cakes.  All I can say is they were YUMMY!!  Bentlee got the kinds of presents an almost teen would appreciate- earrings, bath essentials, and gift cards, so she seemed happy with her celebration.

No sewing this weekend, I have spent my time collecting everything I need for five days with Carol Soderlund.  I can't wait- I'm expecting to be exhausted and exilarated at the same time.  I have three composition books ready for my notes, and a 'new' set of dyeing clothes from Saver's.  If I'm not too tired, I'll try to post during the week.

And, Thursday is the reveal for the second Tangled Textiles challenge, 'Celebrate.'  Be sure to visit the blog and see all the wonderful creations!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Happy Birthday to Bentlee! Your cupcakes look and sound delicious! Have fun at your Carol Soderlund workshop!

Debra Dixon said...

I'll be stopping by to see what you dye. Nothing like Savers for a wardrobe!!

Rian said...

Hope you saved me one 'o them chocolate ones...