Saturday, June 18, 2011

First TT Challenge

I'm in another internet group, and having a lot of fun with it.  This one also found me- I hesitated, then decided to go for it.  I'm glad I did, it seems like the small format works well for me in jump-starting creativity.  I am glad, however, that it is every other month, and not monthly!!

The first theme was 'Games'- a word I've had in the back of my mind to interpret for a long time.  The variety of interpretations was wonderful!  I chose to work with board games, and came up with this--

I didn't have any particular game in mind, just the childhood memory of playing lots of different ones.  Shannon thought this looked a lot like something Dr. Seuss would come up with, so that inspired the name- 'One Step, Two Step, You Step, I Step.'  I've wanted to use buttons on something for a long time, and they were perfect on this.  I also found a good use for some fusible metallic thread I bought a few years ago!


I used it to edge the steps in the game- it sure was quicker than satin stitching, and I like the effect better.  ( I know that because I did some satin stitching, and ripped it out- yuck!!)

Make sure to take a look at the other interpretations on the Tangled Textiles blog- they are all wonderful, and very different.  I think I am going to enjoy this journey!!

4 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

Definitely a fun piece!

Kay said...

I stumbled on Tangled Textiles the other day and saw this. I like it very much--the bright colors and the graphic quality of it. It's good to see your work agains.

Rian said...

Oh, what fun! You really captured it with this.

Sandra said...

This quilt is too fun, definitely captured the feel of vintage game boards. And the title is perfect too. Yikes on the sewn finger, sewing is def. more dangerous than civilians realize. And the blue top is beautiful.
P.s. great to see you, if only briefly at HMQS.