Friday, August 27, 2010

August Reveals Start Today!

The reveals for August on Interpret This! started this morning, and since it was my picture this month, my quilt is first up.  So here it is, Buildings and Bridges--


If you want to know what my thinking was in making this piece, head on over to the Interpret This! blog.  There's also some detail shots of all the quilting I did.  I'm finding it pretty hilarious that someone (me!) who was quilting-aversive six or seven years ago now does all her own, and uses it as an important part of the overall design.  I can't imagine leaving it to someone else now!

I'm really looking forward to seeing what others did with the photo- some of the hints this month have been intriguing.

I hope to get some work done on another project that won't involve  lot of design brainpower, but I really need to get it done.  And I'll be in the dyepots a bit this weekend.  Sigh- so many projects, so little time.

No comments: